Are you worried that your young child may be developing ADHD? Such an outcome isn’t cause for panic — but new advances in medical science make it easier than ever to predict, anyway. Here’s what to look for:
- Unruly or disruptive behavior that goes well beyond the age-appropriate norm
- Extreme amounts of energy and activity — again, well beyond the age-appropriate norm
- Poor sharing and turn-taking skills
- Inability to concentrate on anything for very long
- Forgetfulness or inability to prioritize
- Frustrated or volatile behavior, again beyond the age-appropriate norm
If you notice some or all of these symptoms in your child, consult your pediatrician.